Fungal Nail – Laser Treatment
We are currently the only clinic in Australia with this technology. The results far exceed any hot laser treatment, in fact after three years using hot laser we now only use Lunula Cold Laser.
Do you have Scary Nails?
- Fungal infections of the nails are medically term “Onychomycosis”
- It is estimated to effects 1.6 million Australians.
- Fungi are dermatophytes that feed on nail keratin
- Appearance of the nail can range from brown and crumbly through to white and separated.
- Fungus usually invade the nail because of injury to the nail bed, tight footwear or pre-existing medical condition.
- Fungus can spread from one toe to another and thrive in warm humid conditions.
- Early treatment will give greater long term outcomes.
Why See Us?
Footsport Podiatrt is Sydney’s leading centre for treating nail fungus. Our expert Podiatrists diagnose, treat and help prevent nail infections. We currently have six convenient locations around Sydney.
- Expert Podiatry knowledge
- Diagnosis of nail conditions
- Revolutionary Cold laser
- Strategies to prevent nail fungus from reinfecting
- Products to prevent reinfection
Our Mission is to provide effective nail care in a friendly environment, using the latest research while combining our wealth of experience and technology to get your nails looking great.
Lunula Cold Laser
- Revolutionary treatment for improving nail health
- Only clinic in Australia who offer this treatment
- Results far exceed the success of “Hot Laser” systems
- Pain free treatment
- Improves the damaged appearance of the toenail
How it works
The Lunula low level laser system is an innovative treatment for fungal infections of the nails. The Lunula delivers a combination of two very low power lasers simultaneously at very specific wavelengths to the surface of your feet. The lasers generate a rotating beam and can cover a large area of the foot to completely treat infections within the nails and nail bed. The two lasers used in the Lunula are:
- Blue (405nm), this acts directly and specifically upon the fungus and causes changes in its outer wall, this weakens it significantly, allowing the body’s immune system to attack and destroy it.
- Red (635nm), is acting upon the body’s natural immune cells – fortifying them, thus making them more active. In addition the red light can stimulate and improve blood flow; this additional blood flow brings nutrients and additional immune cells to the affected area speeding up the treatment process.
The treatment will last for 12 minutes and you will feel no sensation – it is a pain free process, the lasers are not harmful to you in any way as they use very low power settings. The treatment will be repeated at weekly intervals, the number of treatments depend upon the severity of your infection.
You do not have to take any oral medication or apply any topical agents during the treatment, however strict feet hygiene protocols must be adhered to in order to prevent re-infection.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
- Pain Free
- The procedure is safe
- No anaesthesia is required
- There are no side effects
- There is no visible harm to the treated nail or adjacent skin
- Socks and shoes can be worn immediately after the procedure
- There is no “recovery“ period after the procedure
Appointments are necessary please phone to schedule a time. When you come in for your appointment, please remove all toenail polish before hand and bring in a pair of clean socks.
If you are unsure that your nail is infected with fungus, we offer a health fund GAP FREE nail assessment appointment. If you are sure you have an infection please book in for a laser appointment.
See our Locations (click here)